END OF LIFE VEHICLE
At J Sanders And Son we comply fully with all aspects of the End of Life Vehicle (ELV) Directive and are a DVLA and Environment Agency registered Authorised Treatment Facility (ATF).
This results in peace of mind for all our customers as it ensures that every stage of the recycling process is carried out to the highest environmental standards.
Also, as an ATF we have the facility to issue a DVLA Certificate of Destruction (CoD) instantly - your proof that your vehicle has been removed from the DVLA system with immediate effect.
How to scrap your car:
1. We accept scrap cars throughout the period we are open - there is no need to book in
2. We can collect your car if you cannot bring it to us, we require an extra form for this so please click here to the contact us page
3. If you chose to deliver your car to us we will need to book you onto our system with the registration of the vehicle you are going home in, your name and address, photo identification and bank account details as per any visit to us
4. On site we will provide you with a Certificate of Destruction from the DVLA with your Log Book/V5 document (Please note: to scrap your car, it MUST be registered in your name! If this isn't the case, please contact us prior to arrival)
5. If the car has tax left you wish to claim back, you will need to take the document reference number off of the Log Book either before or when you arrive
6. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us